Local Lighthouse Reviews

Show reviews that mention
google business phone service page people money website sales site
Showing 2 of 88 reviews Clear filter
Filter review

Sucked into the Local Lighthouse web. Can't get out!

When I agreed to Local Lighthouse's services, the rep told me I could cancel after six months. After six months, I phoned to cancel. The lady on the phone said she would give me an additional two months free and then cancel. That was five months ago. When I saw that Local Lighthouse was still taking money from my account, I phoned. They said it was just a cancellation fee and someone would phone me back. No one did. Now I see they are continuing to take money from my account. I am so angry at Local Lighthouse! How can I guarantee that no one else will get sucked into their money-hungry web? How can I stop them from taking money from my account? I did not receive a single client from their six months of "service"!

I haven't either. I want to cancel and they are giving me the same run around.

Haven't done a thing. Then you wait on the phone so long that I believe their point is to try to make you hang up.

VM

cancel them by canceling the card they have on file. Then file suit against the company through the better business bureau and Attorney General. Call your card that you are using and put any charges they are or have used as unauthorized and they will put the money back on your account until the dispute is completed.

#1052075

contact your bank! I've had to cancel my ATM card over something like this, check with your BANK....

Update: Phoned them today. Apparently, they did not cancel services when I phoned them five months ago, and they did not cancel services when I phoned two months ago.

So I asked a supervisor what I have to do in order to cancel their services for good. She said I did not need a confirmation number because she will officially cancel my account today and remove their fingers from my bank account.

I hope she is speaking truly. We shall see...

Ah, I see now that by the Local Lighthouse Terms & Conditions, I did not follow the rules. I must phone for a cancellation confirmation number and then put in writing that I wish to cancel.

Until I do that, no fees are refundable, and if I do not update my credit card, I can be penalized and the bill sent to collections.

Cheerful. You can bet that I will be phoning them every day until I get my cancellation confirmation number...and then I hope I never hear from them again!

View more comments (4)
ID
Chesapeake City, Maryland
Pros
  • Raised expectations
Cons
  • No results
  • Refusal to resolve the issue over the phone
  • Refusal to cancel
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Avoid at all costs

After getting sucked into a 6 month commitment for something like $70 a mo and realizing after a few months that it was a waste of money, i called and they talked me down to $60/mo. i complained again, they offered a "deluxe audit" and $125 PPC campaign with google. after a few weeks, i asked to see the results of the audit and the PPC campaign. they then had the audacity to tell me they *just* discontinued the campaign and as a result there are no records. it is VERY difficult to cancel. they put me on hold SEVEN times. these guys are criminals.
ID
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article