Local Lighthouse Reviews

Show reviews that mention
google business phone service page people money website sales site
Showing 3 of 88 reviews Clear filter
Filter review

Local Lighthouse Search Engine Optimization Review from Lake Forest, California

This is honestly one of the worst seo companies I have came across. I used to work there and what I saw made me feel sick. I seen how the operations are ran and a large percentage of the businesses not seeing any ROI. A lot of their cancellations are from small business that are struggling to survive. They are expecting their $99 a month investment with this company to bring them more money. They cancel because they cannot afford it. The reps guarantee a large increase in new business which is not the case. The "complimentary" website is a very generic and low budget. A 16 year old can develop it. They claim its a special but this is their everyday package. Do not allow the sales rep to sale you on how its a "Special Today Only." Take your time and research. High Pressure Sales: The sales reps there are working for commission only. They do not get paid hourly. They will try to close business owners as quick as possible. This tactic is used so people will not have the chance to do their research and see all the negative reviews. It also prevents your average business owner the time to really review the terms and conditions. They claim they can have you ranking on the first pages of Google within 90 days or they will work for free. False! Read the terms and conditions on their website. It says if you are not ranking on Google, Yahoo or Bing. Over 80% of the business that are their clients are not ranking on Google. If you are not ranking on Google but if you are ranking on Bing, they will not work for free. The only way you are guaranteed to rank is if you are in a niche market with a low population. For example you will not rank if you are in a major city such as New York, LA, Miami or Chicago for example. If you have a lot of competitors in your area you will also not rank. You probably will after 12-18 months. They trained their sales reps to tell people they are Google partners when they are far from it. They use a automated system to call cellphones and residential homes which is illegal. The automated system says press 1 to speak to a Google+ specialist. This tactic is used to confuse people intentionally. People automatically assume they are going to speak to a Google rep. They had a "F" ranking on the BBB until June 2015. They just paid the BBB mid June for the "A" rating that they have now. The office is a broiling room. All upper management talks about is sales sales sales. Break records break records. They do not genuinely care about their employees. Its all politics in that office. I hope this helps you make an educated decision.

I was just about to sign up and I told the rep that he's to call me tomorrow to do so because I wanted to do some research in this company and these reviews are simply terrible!

Just received a call from them and was all excited and ready to sign up. Luckily I slowed my roll and did some research and came across these review.

Thanks so much for posting. I am not going to waste my time and limited funds with this company.

When they were asked repeatedly.... "Do you work for Google" they said "Yes!"

That is deceiving, wrong, and illegal sales practices!

VERY HELPFUL INFORMATION! Thanks for letting us know the real inside scoop.

Thanks for the info. It is helpful.

I am a small business owner and their client.

I am experiencing what you describe here. I would like to cancel my contract with them as they have not performed.

Wow that was very helpful. Thanks!

The statements made above are false and made by a previous employee. Local Lighthouse conducts its business with the highest of ethical and business standards.

Local Lighthouse is not Google. Nor do we, as a group, speak for Google, work for Google, or claim to be representatives of Google in any kind of official capacity whatsoever.

Local Lighthouse is an independent third party for Google AdWords. We are transparent on this matter please see Locallighthouse.com

@PissedConsumer1021603

In this comment above you see a response from a young girl by the name of "Vanessa" who is in charge or "reputation management" at Lcoal Lighthouse. She will basically take every negative remark made about the company, flip it around to be the exact opposite, and claim the accusations being made are false.

When 99 people to 1 say that the service is a scam, you can very well guess this isn't a case of crying wolf.

I left the company after being there for almost a year on the sales floor boiling room, due to the fact that not ONE of my clients was RANKING or HAPPY. Thanks, Sincerely, Local Lighthouse Destroyer.

View more comments (7)
Lake Forest, California
Not as described/ advertised

Other Product Review

Miss led from the beginning never given what was promised. The website looks like it was built by a 3rd grader.Billing department is relentless daily calls and didn't help my business at all.
Metuchen, New Jersey
Problems with payment

Other Product Review

They lie to you what they can do for you do not trust them
Oneida, New York
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article