Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time.
The woman was very polite and friendly. Mentioning that they only wanted to help me and my business grow. Unfortunately I don't have any calls recorded, but I kid you not, they told me that it was MONTH TO MONTH and there was NO COMMITMENT. Also told me they would help me get on the front page of yahoo, bing, google ect. The began to tell me they would build me a website, where it would advertise for my ACTUAL website where you can buy products. Saying there would be BIG and BOLD links to my ACTUAL website. All for just 95$ a month!
Ready for the kickers? After SIX MONTHS of payment, that's when it becomes month to month. My website was based on Norfolk, VA when my actual business is in the Outer Banks, NC. I have pictures of my website (which I pray they delete soon to stop my embarassment) Ugly. Uninformative. Every direction I gave them for it, they did the complete opposite. One of the screen shots shows THE ONLY link to my actual website. Just one. Very small. Not bold. And somehow they got me on the first page of yahoo and bing....not under my business name....UNDER "HAMMOCKS.NORFOLK." I was being robbed, called asking to AT LEAST reduce the payment. Because I was unable to pay my bills, they reduced it to 75$ a month. I was also told I need to "verbally confirm" cancellation. That was just a trick to get me to spend 45mins of my time talking to 7 different employees trying to convince me to stay. "We'll reduce it to 19.99$ a month" "2 free months" "I'll work with you 1-1, youre doing so good with us" "we are starting to see you on google!" "you have been so good paying us so long" WELL THATS BECAUSE YOU TRICKED ME INTO SIGNING A LEASE.
PLEASE. These people basically robbed me of $600.00 and I got ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS from them. Local Lighthouse is a SCAM!!! Take your hard worked for money for N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!! Dont fall for their scam. Could potentially put you out of business.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lying to me from beginning
- Fooled me into paying 525
- Did not want me to cancel
- Took 45min 7employees to cancel
- Reason of review:
- All of the above. Lying to get customers to sign something that they don't want to sign. Forcing them to pay 95$ a month for 6 months.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Seo Service
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every..."
- "Hello Fellow Parent, Please read the emails between myself and the SCAMMERS M0del Agency. Save yourself a lot of time & maybe money! In the emails you will see that I clearly..."
- "I had a very negative experience with you caring. A friend of mine had started a fundraiser to help her dog rescue. A few days into the fundraiser,..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlDeanaKinman/timeline?ref=page_internal. https://www.facebook.com/dlkinman?fref=ts https://www.instagram.com/deanakinman/ Cope and paste. These necklaces are trash. I put mine on and it came a part. I was I was making a speech in front of 250 people and my locket..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."