Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time.
The woman was very polite and friendly. Mentioning that they only wanted to help me and my business grow. Unfortunately I don't have any calls recorded, but I kid you not, they told me that it was MONTH TO MONTH and there was NO COMMITMENT. Also told me they would help me get on the front page of yahoo, bing, google ect. The began to tell me they would build me a website, where it would advertise for my ACTUAL website where you can buy products. Saying there would be BIG and BOLD links to my ACTUAL website. All for just 95$ a month!
Ready for the kickers? After SIX MONTHS of payment, that's when it becomes month to month. My website was based on Norfolk, VA when my actual business is in the Outer Banks, NC. I have pictures of my website (which I pray they delete soon to stop my embarassment) Ugly. Uninformative. Every direction I gave them for it, they did the complete opposite. One of the screen shots shows THE ONLY link to my actual website. Just one. Very small. Not bold. And somehow they got me on the first page of yahoo and bing....not under my business name....UNDER "HAMMOCKS.NORFOLK." I was being robbed, called asking to AT LEAST reduce the payment. Because I was unable to pay my bills, they reduced it to 75$ a month. I was also told I need to "verbally confirm" cancellation. That was just a trick to get me to spend 45mins of my time talking to 7 different employees trying to convince me to stay. "We'll reduce it to 19.99$ a month" "2 free months" "I'll work with you 1-1, youre doing so good with us" "we are starting to see you on google!" "you have been so good paying us so long" WELL THATS BECAUSE YOU TRICKED ME INTO SIGNING A LEASE.
PLEASE. These people basically robbed me of $600.00 and I got ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS from them. Local Lighthouse is a SCAM!!! Take your hard worked for money for N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!! Dont fall for their scam. Could potentially put you out of business.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lying to me from beginning
- Fooled me into paying 525
- Did not want me to cancel
- Took 45min 7employees to cancel
- Reason of review:
- All of the above. Lying to get customers to sign something that they don't want to sign. Forcing them to pay 95$ a month for 6 months.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Seo Service
- Review category
- Professional Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have already quoted close to 20 and have no work. Got one response, which never turned into a client. I have a Masters Degree, 25 years experience, and my..."
- "Hired Mr. Dufresne to paint my condo and the paint job was very poor, and he got paint all over my woodwork. When I contacted him to ask for my..."
- "A PICTURE IS WORTH A MILLION WORDS - YOU won't believe me until you see it I just sold my house in Massachusetts and bought a town house in Charlotte, thinking..."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."